Here is your Monday Action
for the week of 12/11/17
Offering our support to leaders who are doing good work to address climate change can encourage and fortify our champions, and reaffirm the deep value of their efforts. Expressing our gratitude also gives us a moment to focus on ethical, committed individuals, which is particularly welcome in these times. This week, let’s thank Senator Ed Markey for working hard for the health of our children and grandchildren by fighting for a healthy climate.
Call, email or mail a quick “Thanks for your strong leadership on climate change.”
Dear Senator Markey,
I am with Mothers Out Front, mobilizing for a livable climate.
Thank you for your consistent support of ocean protection legislation, for your leadership on climate change, and for advocating for improved energy efficiency and for the development of renewable energy. We notice and appreciate your good work. We thank you on behalf of the next generation.
(Your name and address with zip code)
Contact information for Senator Markey:
Phone: 413-785-4610 or 202-224-2742 or in Boston 617-565-8519
Mail: 255 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
You did it! See Senator Markey’s exemplary 2016 voting record here.
In Person Events:
- Monday 12/11, 6:00pm-9:00pm Pioneer Valley 100% Renewable Energy, CAN Legislative Committee Meeting. Amherst Unitarian Society.
- Monday 12/18, 6:00-8:00pm, Amherst MOF Monthly Community Meeting. Light dinner, children welcome. Eat, learn and take action. Same place as usual. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday 1/7, 4:30-6:00pm, Northampton MOF Community Meeting. Smith College Campus Center. Contact: email@example.com.
SAVE THE DATE:
Saturday 1/27/18, 9am-5pm, Mothers Out Front Massachusetts Annual Assembly. This year’s theme is Celebrating Connections. First Church in Belmont.
• You asked, “How can I get involved?” Here’s how, in 5 minute increments…
• To join any of the Pioneer Valley MOF working groups on Zero Energy buildings, Community Choice Electricity, or home energy efficiency, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Keep up with other actions for resisting and protecting our communities and climate by following 413 Staying Connected for Action.
• Click on this map to see calls already made by our friends in favor of carbon pricing.
Thank you for doing Monday Actions.
See and follow all actions to date on the Monday Action BLOG
Your Pioneer Valley Monday Action Team