Here is your Monday Action for the week of 3/27/17:
Governor Baker has the ability to protect the water, the land, and the sacred places in Otis State Forest.
The new Kinder Morgan/Tennessee gas pipeline through Otis State Forest is poised to begin construction. There’s not much time, but we can play a part.
Dear Governor Baker,
I am urgently concerned about climate change. This is the defining issue which future generations depend on us to solve. I urge you to be bold in fighting climate change and promoting clean energy for the health and safety of all our children.
You can stop the Connecticut Expansion Project by simply denying the 401 Water Quality Certification. This project is not yet under construction. The pipeline will significantly disrupt conservation land that the Massachusetts Constitution protects forever. The water of beautiful Spectacle Pond will be used to clean toxins out of the pipeline and will then be dumped downstream.
The fracked-gas to be carried in this pipeline will not even serve MA residents. The methane released by gas is a major Greenhouse Gas threatening our climate and our children’s future.
New York’s Governor Cuomo shut down the Constitution pipeline because it did not pass the 401 Water Quality Certification standards.
Protect our water, Governor!
This is something you can do and become a climate hero to all our children and grandchildren.
With Mothers Out Front
Governor Charlie Baker
To call: Phone: 617.725.4005 or 888.870.7770 (in state)
To write a letter:
Massachusetts State House
Office of the Governor
Boston, MA 02133
You did it!
Together we can make a difference for all of us.
Thank you! See you next Monday!
In Person Events:
- TONIGHT! Monday, 3/27, 7:00pm-9:00pm, Climate Action Now meeting with breakout reporting on 100% Renewable Campaigns, Paul Fenn on CCA 2.0, Art Build planning for Climate Marches, and more at the Amherst Unitarian Society, 220 N. Pleasant St., Amherst.
- Wednesday 3/29, 6:30-8:30pm, Community Electricity for 100% Renewable Energy, a Conversation with Paul Fenn, Local Power Inc. President & Larry Chretien, Mass Energy Executive Director.
- Sunday 4/2, 4:30-6:00pm, Northampton Mothers Out Front weekly meeting at Smith College Campus Center. For more info contact Sarah at sarahrpartan at earthlink dot net.
- Sunday 4/9, 2-5pm, Mothers Our Front Climate March Art Build. We’re Protecting the Future for Our Children! Make Super Mom (Dad, Kid, Friend) capes and sheilds to march with MOF at the Climate Marches. Location tbd.
- Monday 4/17, 6:00-8:00, Amherst MOF Monthly meeting. Light dinner served. All welcome, including children. RSVP Madeleine greenzinnia at hotmail dot com. We meet every 3rd Monday, same time/same place.
- Saturday 4/29, Climate March in DC or Boston or Springfield.
Keep up with other actions for resisting and protecting our communities and climate by following 413 Staying Connected for Action.
Thank you for doing Monday Actions.
See and follow all actions to date on the Monday Action BLOG
Your Monday Action Team
Pioneer Valley Mothers Out Front