Feeling hopeless? Here’s the antidote:
Just do one simple thing. Then make it a habit and do it with friends. It’s fun and effective.
Why do you fight climate change? Here’s Natania’s answer:
Share with us why you fight climate change.
YOUR MONDAY ACTION:
Contact your state senator. Find your own state senator here.
Stan Rosenberg serves this district –see this map.
Senate President Stan Rosenberg
Call: (617) 722-1500
Letter: State House Office, 24 Beacon Street,Room 332, Boston, MA 02133
I am urgently concerned about climate change and therefore oppose a pipeline tax.
We do not need new gas infrastructure and ratepayers should not foot this bill. Please sign, or let me know if you have already signed the letter against the pipeline tax that Senators Eldridge and Jehlen are circulating in support of S.1847 and S.1855.
Thank you for your consideration of this matter. Future generations very urgently depend on you to lead on climate issues.
YOUR NAME, YOUR ADDRESS
You did your Monday Action, well done!
Thanks for checking in each week and doing what you can to leave a healthy climate for the coming generations.
You are our inspiration.
In Person Events:
- Thursday, 11/2 at 4pm: Learn firsthand at UMASS: Carbon Pricing 101: Setting the Price and Allocating the Revenue. UMASS Design Building Room 162
- Sunday 11/5, 4:30-6:00pm, Northampton Mothers Out Front Meeting. Smith College Campus Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sunday, 11/5, at 5:30pm. March and Rally as COP23 begins. March with candles and banners from Northampton High School on Elm Street to City Hall.
- Monday, 11/6, from 12:15 to 12:45pm Stand Up Charlie! Rally at Baker’s Office at Dwight Street in Springfield. Demand that he Stand Up to Reclaim Our Future.
- Wednesday 11/8, 7:00pm, Amherst Town Meeting. Middle School Auditorium. Both the Zero Energy and 100% Renewable proposals will be decided. Be in touch if you want to know what time they’re likely to be discussed. email@example.com.
- Monday 11/13, 6:00pm-9:00pm Pioneer Valley 100% Renewable Energy, CAN Legislative Committee Meeting. Amherst Unitarian Society.
- Thursday, 11/16, from 12:15 to 12:45pm. Stand Up Charlie! Rally at Baker’s office on Dwight Street, Springfield.
- Monday 11/20, 6:00-8:00pm, Amherst Mothers Out Front Monthly Community Meeting. Light dinner, children welcome. Eat, learn and take action. Same place as usual. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To join any of the Pioneer Valley MOF working groups on Zero Energy buildings, Community Choice Electricity, or home energy efficiency, contact us at email@example.com.
Keep up with other actions for resisting and protecting our communities and climate by following 413 Staying Connected for Action.
See and follow all actions to date on the Monday Action BLOG
Your Pioneer Valley Monday Action Team