Here’s your Monday Action for the week of 2/12/18.
Feeling hopeless? Here’s the antidote:
Just do one simple thing. Make this call. Then make it a habit and do it with friends. It’s pleasing and effective to start your week this way. Thanks for speaking up.
YOUR MONDAY ACTION:
See more information from Climate Action Now and ideas for sending your own comment, here.
If you’re in Western Mass, contact your state Rep and Senator to let them know you want the DPU to hold a hearing on this out here, not just in Boston. Stan has already made that request, so we’re thanking him and giving him more calls so he can say how many constituents have asked for a hearing in Northampton. Find your state Representative and your own state Senator here.
Stan Rosenberg serves this district –see this map.
State Senator Stan Rosenberg
Call: (617) 722-1500
Letter: State House Office, 24 Beacon Street,Room 332, Boston, MA 02133
Dear Senator Rosenberg [or Representative _____],
I am urgently concerned about climate change because I am a [mother, father, grandparent, aunt, uncle, friend of children]. I oppose any Columbia Gas pipeline expansion in the Pioneer Valley or Berkshire Gas 20-year contracts for increased gas supply.
Thank you for urging the MA Department of Public Utilities to schedule a hearing in Northampton on D.P.U 17-172 and 17-145. Please count me in when you tell the DPU how many of your constituents want to comment in person. I want them to know that I’m working to aggressively reduce my community’s dependence on natural gas so we do not need new gas infrastructure or supply. We definitely will not foot the bill.
Thank you for your consideration of this matter. Future generations very urgently depend on you to lead on climate issues.
YOUR NAME, YOUR ADDRESS
With Mothers Out Front, Mobilizing for a Livable Climate (and I VOTE).
You did your Monday Action, well done!
Thanks for checking in each week and doing what you can to leave a healthy climate for the coming generations.
You are our inspiration.
Zero Energy Buildings and Communities: The Landscape of the Future
Tuesday, February 20th, 7:00pm – 8:30pm
Unitarian Universalist Society of Amherst
121 N Pleasant St.
Darren Port is a national expert and regional leader in paving the way for the proliferation of zero energy buildings throughout the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region. As the Buildings and Community Solutions Manager at Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships (NEEP) he brings a broad perspective to the critical role of towns and cities in reducing carbon emissions through building energy performance standards and clean energy development. His presentation will draw connections between Zero Energy buildings, local energy resources, resilience and community-wide energy management.
Port Prior to joining NEEP, Port was the Green Building Administrator and Green Code Specialist for the State of New Jersey. Nationally, he serves as an appointed member on building policy making committees.
Sponsored by Amherst Mothers Out Front and Climate Action Now. Co-sponsored by the Town office of Sustaining Amherst, Amherst League of Women Voters, and Western Mass Community Choice Energy.
In Person Events:
- Monday 2/12, 6:00pm-7:00pm Pioneer Valley 100% Renewable Energy, 7:00pm-8:00pm CAN Legislative Committee Meeting. Amherst Unitarian Society, enter on Kellogg St.
- Monday 2/19, CANCELLED: Amherst Mothers Out Front Monthly Community Meeting. Come instead to dinner and the event on the 20th.
- Tuesday 2/20, 6:00pm, Dinner together at Miss Saigon, followed by the ZE presentation across the street:
- Tuesday 2/20, 7:00pm-8:30pm, Zero Energy Buildings and Communities: The Landscape of the Future, a talk by Darren Port of Northeast Energy Efficiency Partnerships. Presented by the Zero Energy Workgroup of MOF and CAN. Amherst Unitarian Society, 121 N Pleasant St, Amherst. Contact: email@example.com.
- Sunday 2/25, 4:30-6:00pm, Northampton Mothers Out Front Meeting. Smith College Campus Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 2/26, 6:00pm, CAN Legislative Calling Party, 7:00pm-9:00pm, CAN General Meeting, Northampton Unitarian Society, 220 Main St., Northampton
Check out our local MOF page for more ways to get invovled here.
To join any of the Pioneer Valley MOF working groups on Zero Energy buildings, Community Choice Electricity, or home energy efficiency, contact us at email@example.com.
Keep up with other actions for resisting and protecting our communities and climate by following 413 Staying Connected for Action.