This week’s Monday Action from Pioneer Valley Mothers Out Front: Ask your State Senator to support Carbon Fee and Dividend.
It’s up to all of us. Trump has made that very clear.
Governor Baker signed us up to support the Paris Agreement by joining the U.S. Climate Alliance last Friday. Next time you give Baker a call, thank him for standing with Paris. But he needs to do more than talk. And so do we. We need to show up.
So can you step up your activism game? We have three opportunities to speak in person to our State Senators (and Reps) in the next few weeks. Two are to support Carbon Pricing. Want a little help understanding Carbon Pricing? Here’s a cartoon explanation.
1. June 12th at 6pm in Springfield. You can come and support or you can speak to Senators at the MA Clean Energy Future tour. Carpools will leave at 4:45PM from Sheldon Field in Northampton (3 County Fairgrounds entrance). Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. June 13th Carbon Pricing Lobby Day in Boston! It’s not hard and it’s empowering to speak to state legislators in Boston. You go in a group, you get trained.
3. June 20th Committee hearing at the State House on several bills including Carbon Pricing bills. Please sign up here.
The sample words below could become your testimony. Be sure to make it your own, add the ages of the children in your life, tell what makes you care.
I am urgently concerned about climate change. Future generations are depending on us to transition quickly to clean energy for their health and the health of our climate. That’s why I support carbon pricing.
Carbon pricing is the fastest way to reduce carbon emissions because of the financial, health and climate benefits it provides. By putting a fee on fossil fuels we can promote the clean energy economy, create jobs, and motivate conservation of energy. This will take us a long way to meet our part of the Paris Agreement. It’s up to us now.
Please be a vocal leader for Carbon Fee and Dividend. This approach makes sense for the Commonwealth and for the world. We must take bold actions to curb climate change for the sake of the generations to come. There’s no time to waste.
With Mothers Out Front
Senator Stan Rosenberg
Call: (617) 722-1500
Write a letter:
Massachusetts State House
24 Beacon Street, Room 332
Boston, MA 02133
Contact your state Senator here.
If you’re interested in being involved in the Climate Action Now Carbon Pollution Fee and Rebate Working Group meetings are on the first and thirds Tuesdays of the month, 9-10:30am at Panera’s in Hadley.
For more information about the working group contact email@example.com
Well done, you did your Monday Action! Bye, see you next Monday.
Ask your friends to join you in action. Thank you for being the change you want to see.
Upcoming In-Person Events:
- Thursday 6/8, 1:00pm-2:00pm, Zero Net Energy for Amherst Town Buildings meeting.For location, contact anneperkins43 at gmail dot com.
- Friday 6/9, 4:30pm-6:00pm, Community Choice Energy (Aggregation plus). Let’s work together to go 100% Renewable with local energy in our region. Meeting in Hadley. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday 6/11, 4:30-6:00pm. Northampton Mothers Out Front weekly meeting. Haymarket Cafe, Northampton. Contact email@example.com.
- Monday 6/12, 6:00pm-8:00, Clean Energy Future Tour of Senators, Western New England University’s School of Law, Moot Court Room, 1st floor. Meet at 4:45pm at Sheldon Field, Northampton, to carpool. Testify or support, but let’s show up and tell the Senators that we want to go 100% renewable and Carbon Fee and Dividend! Let us know if you want to learn how to testify: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tuesday 6/13. Lobby Day on Carbon Pricing at the Statehouse.
- Monday 6/19, 6:00-8:00, Amherst Mothers Out Front monthly meeting. Light dinner served. All welcome, including children. RSVP Madeleine greenzinnia at hotmail dot com. We meet every 3rd Monday, same time/same place.
- Tuesday 6/20, 1-5pm Committee Hearing at the State House on several bills including Carbon Pricing bills. Please sign up here.
Thank you for all you do.
Your Monday Action Team
Pioneer Valley Mothers Out Front