Your Monday Action is to contact your State Senator to support the Poor People’s Campaign (PPC) and to spread the word that on June 4th, 1-3pm, Springfield is the focus of the campaign in Massachusetts.
The Poor People’s Campaign is a national series of actions leading up to a march in Washington on June 23rd. Each week focuses on a different theme and next week, June 3-9, the theme is:
In Massachusetts, all eyes will be on Springfield on Monday, June 4th at City Hall. Mothers Out Front, under the leadership of Arise for Social Justice, is helping to plan the rally with other groups. Please show up and advocate for the health of our children in Springfield where almost one in five have asthma, and it has just been rated as the most challenging city to live in with asthma. The PPC declaration on environmental justice and health explains the intersections between poverty, human health and climate health. RSVP if you want to be part of the MOF contingent or carpool.
We ask our State Senators to stand up for the children of Springfield by showing up in Springfield on the 4th and taking bold action to combat climate change. Find your State Senator here.
For those of us in Stan’s district, call any (or all!) of our neighboring Senators:
Senator Eric Lesser 617-722-1291 email@example.com
Senator Adam Hinds 617 722-1625 firstname.lastname@example.org
Senator Donald Humason 617-722-1415 email@example.com
Senator James Welch firstname.lastname@example.org
In Person Events:
- Sunday 6/3, 4:30-6:00 pm, Northampton Mothers Out Front Meeting. Location TBD. Contact email@example.com
- Monday 6/4, 1:00 pm-3:00 pm, Poor People’s Campaign Rally on Ecological Devastation and Health Care. Springfield City Hall, 36 Court St, Springfield.
- Saturday 6/9 9:00 am, Zero Energy Tour to see how large ZE buildings are working. Starting at Crotty Hall, then 10:30 Kern Center, 11:30 Hitchcock Center, 2:00 South Church, all in Amherst. More info at zeroenergyamherst.weebly.com.
- Monday 6/18 6:00-8:00 pm, Amherst Mothers Out Front Monthly Community Meeting. Connecting, learning, eating. All welcome, including children. Bring food to share if you can but fine to come without; always plenty! Same location as usual. RSVP greenzinnia at hotmail dot com
- Monday 6/25, 7:00pm-9:00 pm, CAN General Meeting, Northampton Unitarian Universalist Society, 220 Main St.
Check out our local MOF page for more ways to get involved here.
Keep up with other actions for resisting and protecting our communities and climate by following 413 Staying Connected for Action.