Two weeks ago you called your legislators in Boston about the Berkshire Gas moratorium. This past week, Senator Rosenberg and our Western Mass State Representatives submitted a Legislators Initial Brief referencing demand response and alternatives to the oversized build out of infrastructure Berkshire Gas has proposed.
It’s just as important to thank our legislators for their actions as it is to ask them to act. So that’s your Monday Action this week – to give our state legislators some love.
You can use the text below for talking points when you call or copy-and-paste if you choose to email. Personalizing your message makes it count a lot more.
Dear Senator Rosenberg and Representatives,
I am urgently concerned about climate change. This is the gravest threat facing us all and future generations depend on us to halt it. We need to get 100% of our energy from clean sources like solar and wind. We need to keep fossil fuels in the ground – including natural gas.
Thank you for your efforts with respect to the Berkshire Gas moratorium. I appreciate your statement to MassLive that, “The Hampshire and Franklin County delegation has always supported a pathway to a clean, green energy future for Massachusetts.” I am glad that you, as a delegation, have made clear to Berkshire Gas that it is simply unacceptable to hold the Valley hostage with their contrived moratorium so that the company can garner support for a massive overbuild of fossil fuel infrastructure.
Please stand firm in pushing for a targeted resolution of the moratorium that incorporates aggressive demand management strategies. Our children need your bold leadership to achieve that green energy future as soon as possible.
Thank you for serving our community and especially for your work on behalf of all our children and grandchildren whose future will depend on taking immediate action now to reduce our dependence on fossil fuels.
With Mothers Out Front
In Person Events:
- Friday 5/5 4:30-6pm Community Choice Aggregation 2.0 in Amherst. Contact amherstamr at gmail dot com.
- Sunday 5/7 4:30-6pm Northampton MOF weekly meeting. Smith College Student Center. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monday 5/8 4:30-6pm 100% Renewable Amherst. Contact amherstamr at gmail dot com.
- Tuesday 5/9 6:15 MOF House Party in Leverett. RSVP and questions to email@example.com.
- Monday 5/15, 6:00-8:00, Amherst Mothers Out Front monthly meeting. Light dinner served. All welcome, including children. RSVP Madeleine greenzinnia at hotmail dot com. We meet every 3rd Monday, same time/same place.
- Sun. 5/21 1:30 MOF House Party in Amherst. RSVP and questions to ellentmiddleton at gmail dot com.
- Monday 5/22, 7:00pm-9:00pm, Climate Action Now meeting. 6pm 100% Renewable Communities Pre-Meeting at the Unitarian Society of Amherst, 121 N. Pleasant St.
Keep up with other actions for resisting and protecting our communities and climate by following 413 Staying Connected for Action.
Thank you for doing Monday Actions.
See and follow all actions to date on the Monday Action BLOG
Your Monday Action Team